[kde-linux] KPassivePopup shows no text with custom view widget

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Sat Sep 16 14:00:43 UTC 2006

On Saturday 16 September 2006 15:37, Tomek Jarzynka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to use the KPassivePopup class, but I ran into a
> problem when using a custom view widget: text on buttons and
> labels does not appear.
>
> I followed the example in the documentation:
> pop = new KPassivePopup();
>
> QVBox * vb = new QVBox(pop);
> new QLabel(vb, "foo");
>
> QHBox * box = new QHBox(vb);
> new QPushButton(box, "shmoo");
> new QPushButton(box, "spam");
>
> pop->setView(vb);
> pop->show();
>
> and the popup appears, but with blank buttons, blank space instead
> of label text. Any ideas, anyone? :|

You are not setting any text. Have a look at the API docs, the parameter after
the parent widget pointer is the QObject name, the displayed text is either
the first parameter or can be set with setText()

Btw, development questions are better asked on kde-devel, more subscribed
developers means higher chance of getting an answer

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>