[kde-linux] Sharing a folder with a linux machine in my LAN

Боян Табаков blade.alslayer at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 16:53:59 UTC 2006

On 14.9.2006 17:32, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to share a folder with a Linux machine in my LAN and when I
> try to share a folder it fails telling me to be sure that perl script
> fileshareset is setuid to root. How can I do this? I think it is
> already setuid root but I'm not sure.
>
> Cheers,

Hi,
To check whether the command is setuid, type the following:
# whereis fileshareset
This should show you where the executable is. Then cd into that directory and
type:
# ls -l fileshareset

In the output you should have something like:

-rwsr-xr-x 1 root root 59980 2006-05-02 17:38 fileshareset

The 's' flag in the first group of permissions means that the file is setuid.
If it is missing (e.g. -rwxr-x or something like this) than the file is not
setuid and you can switch it with the command:

# chmod u+s fileshareset

(You need to be root to do the last thing)

Hope this will help...

--
Blade hails you...

Old love lies deep you said