[kde-linux] Keep Window on top of all others

montolio at gmx.de montolio at gmx.de
Tue Sep 5 13:47:23 UTC 2006

Hello,
for quite a while i am looking for a way to have a window (i.e. xvkbd - an onscreen keyboard) stay on top of all other windows. This is for the most cases not difficult, I just have to check "keep above all others" from the advanced window settings. Sadly this does not work, if the currently active window (which has the focus, xvkbd doesn't get the focus) is in fullscreen mode, e.g. Firefox (with F11) or Acroread (Ctrl+L). The fullscreen window the gets above the keyboard, and I cannot use it. Please, please, just tell me if it is possible at all to achieve the requested behaviour under KDE (and if it is, I'll appreciate every hint guiding me in the right direction).

Thanks,
Monty