[kde-linux] KDE/CUPS problem

Jim Philips briarpatchkid at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 3 10:53:08 UTC 2006

I'm running KDE 3.5.4 on Kubuntu. My printer was installed and working
earlier. But at some point, long after I installed 3.5.4, CUPS ceased to be
recognized. If I start the control center ("System Setting" under Kubuntu)
and click on the printers tool, it grinds for several minutes. Then it comes
back and tells me it couldn't find CUPS. CUPS *is* installed and cupsd is
running. Other tools tell me that foomatic-db isn't installed. It is. I'm not
sure what KDE's print setup tools do to look for CUPS, but this is driving me
crazy.