[kde-linux] hd partitions don't appear in storage media folder

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Wed Oct 25 05:01:28 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 24 October 2006 03:45, Petrica Gasca wrote:
> see all the partitions in the /media folder as supposed. I had to add
> them manually in /etc/fstab, but they get mounted at boot time, and if
> I navigate with a file browser (konqueror, krusader etc) I see them all
> right.

Are you SURE you want to do this?
Isn't it highly unusual to mount all those things in /media?
After all, that was meant to be a dynamicly managed folder by the kde
mounting system.

Wouldn't it make more sense to mount these in a somewhat more
logical place in the file system tree (perhaps /mnt) and leave /media
for kde to deal with dynamic mounts (cdroms, diskettes, etc)?

As you have discovered the menu item Go/Storage Media is just
a GUI way of entering media:/.
On every Distro I've tested, that will list partitions. So it seems
something is broken in your system but I don't know what.

--
John Andersen