[kde-linux] hd partitions don't appear in storage media folder

Petrica Gasca petricagasca at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 23 21:17:21 UTC 2006

John Andersen wrote:
> On Saturday 21 October 2006 12:20, Petrica Gasca wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have a very annoying problem with KDE 3.5.5, as when I acess the Storage
>> Media folder I see only the devices (eg: USB key, CD-ROM etc) but not the
>> actual hard-disk partitions.
>
> This is as intended.
> Its that way in every distro I've seen.

Well, that is really interesting.  I have my hard disk partitions (all
19 of them) and I don't know what I did to have them.  I feel just the
opposite way, I would like to get rid of them and just have my CD, 2
floppies, and my ZIP.

--
JRT

First of all thanks for all the replies.

Second, James and/or Boyan, could I have a copy of your fstab file? Maybe there is something I missed in it, though I doubt it. I would really lke to have those entries in Konqueror when I click 'Storage Media". This is what I was refering to actually, and in fstab there are entries created for each which are mounted correctly at boot time.

And third John, classic was the installation of etch, not etch itself. I mean classic network install (no nightly build) with no kernel tricks, and no special tweaks. As for Knoppix, I didn't conclude it's a standard behaviour, I just saw it works and I simply wondered how.

Still hoping I will make it work,

Petrica