[kde-linux] rinning out of space on root partition

noc at aphofis.com noc at aphofis.com
Sun Oct 22 20:27:50 UTC 2006

I am running out of space on one systems root partition. I am running
KDE desktop from SUSE 10.1 Distro.

I have created a partition with the file system ID 0xFD Linux RAID and
altered the root partition to the same file type in preparation for
creating a RAID 0

I understand that I will have to umount the / partition before I create
the RAID 0 and set the RAID 0 to a mount point of /

My concern is that if I umount / partition that the partition app will
no longer work - or will it happily reside in RAM whilst I make the
changes.

I am quite confident in altering partitions and creating RAID's and
resizing but have never had to alter the / partition

I am petrified I am going to loose the whole partition.

Can anyone for-see any problems with the above.

Many Thanks

Scott

Network Operations Center - Aphofis.com