[kde-linux] kdialog (html) issues

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Oct 18 10:26:23 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 18 October 2006 10:55, Arvind Autar wrote:
> Hello,
>
>  I myself am trying to do the following.
> Create a simple app that allows users to fill in a username, passwd,
> passwdAgain. then adds a user to the system. I wrote this simple script
> with kdialog, but it doesn't give the expected results, here is the code:

The Qt widgets, at least the one from Qt3 do use a subset of HTML, or rather a
markup language that looks like a subset of HTML.
It is basically just for changing text appearance and occasionally embedding
an image, not for forms or more difficult concepts.

I recommend looking at Kommander
http://kommander.kdewebdev.org/

It allows you to create GUIs like with programming languages but still can use
shell scripting as the code.

There is a section with examples on kde-apps.org
http://www.kde-apps.org/index.php?xcontentmode=288

Cheers,
Kevin

--