[kde-linux] helo detail req

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 07:18:50 UTC 2006

On Friday 13 October 2006 7:40 pm, amit pansuria wrote:
> helo Sir,
> i m going to develop important application .
> i m going to use kdevelop and Qt tools.
> but i have one confusion regarding os issue.
> suppose i use redhat linux -9 then in that kdevelop-2.1 is there which is
> very old.
> now suppose i use fedora 5 then its give kdevelop-3.3.1 which is latest.
> but is it good to use fedora 5 for important application or we have to use
> redhat -9 only.
I think Fedora Core 5 would be a much better choice than Redhat Linux 9, as
Redhat Linux 9 is no longer supported. If you want a commercially supported
Redhat distribution, you could consider Red Hat Enterprise Linux
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux). Several RHEL clones
are also available; see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RedHat_Enterprise_Linux_clones.

There are also many other GNU / Linux distributions; I prefer Kubuntu for most
applications. Version 6.06 is probably the best choice as it is a
so-called 'Long-Time Support' release, which will continue to be supported
for longer than usual. Commercial support is available if desired - see
http://kubuntu.org/support.php.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://q.geek.nz/