[kde-linux] how to configure kde and qt

Sylviane et Perry White spwhite at freesurf.ch
Thu Oct 12 16:11:15 UTC 2006

On Thursday 12 October 2006 13:58, amit pansuria wrote:
> Hello,
> I'm using kdevelop 2.1 on redhat 9
> I have installed QT 3.3.0 at /usr/local
> now when I open KDevelop-2.1 and click on QT in that then it doesn't open
> the new version of QT-3.3.0 but it opens qt-3.1.1 which is already there in
> /usr/lib
>
> after that i set environment variable as
> export QTDIR=/usr/local/qt
> export PATH=/usr/local/qt/bin:$PATH
> but still it opens qt-3.1
> i cant change version of kdevelop because most of project is already
> developed.
> So how can I configure kde and qt such that KDevelop automatically opens
> new version of qt that is QT-3.3.0
> Thx n Regards,
> Amit

Hi Amit,

First type in a shell "echo $PATH" to make sure /usr/local/qt/bin is there.
If that is OK read on...
When I click on the Kmenu/Development/Documentation Assistant 3.3.4 appears.
When I type "assistant" in a shell I get version 4.0.1
Conclusion: I belive export QTDIR or export PATH only works within shells,
I would try to launch kdevlop from a command line instead of with a click.

Hope that helps		Perry

--
BOFH excuse #331: those damn raccoons!