[kde-linux] HTML previews

albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com albert.bradley at contractor.thomson.com
Tue Oct 10 17:44:46 UTC 2006

Hi all,

I'm trying to generate small previews of web pages.  e.g. right now, I'm trying to use khtml2png to grab an 800x800 image and then using convert to shrink them to 200x200.

However, khtml2png has been problematic, and the fact that it pops up a window to do the bitblt from seems cumbersome, given that the KDE file manager is capable of generating HTML previews seemingly without effort.

(in particular, khtml2png may be having problems with XDMCP, which is how I'm required to access the particular server...)

Is there some way to use the preview engine that KDE does as a stand-alone?  i.e. some command line I could type to tell it to just generate a certain sized preview from a URL?

Thanks in advance,

 -= miles =-