[kde-linux] Working directory for Konqueror "Open with...." set to home

Matt Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Mon Oct 9 16:57:37 UTC 2006

Kevin Krammer wrote:
> Having the home directory as the default working directory seems to be some
> kind of usual behaviour. Maybe because using a common user owned directory as
> the working directory ensures that programs can write there.

I'm surprised that this is the default behavior.  I expected the behavior to be
like "bash", where the current working directory remains the current working
directory when I launch an application.

> The command called from Konqueror (or actually any other filemanager)
> understands format parameters like %f for file and %d for directory, see [1]
> [1] http://standards.freedesktop.org/desktop-entry-spec/latest/ar01s06.html

Thanks for the tip.  I was able to get "Open with..." to work from the file's
directory using either of the following:

cd %d;/opt/seitz/zip/unzip-5.52/unzip %f
/opt/seitz/zip/unzip-5.52/unzip -d %d %f

--
Sincerely,
Matthew Seitz