[kde-linux] Adding a remote printer fails

alpha096 at tpg.com.au alpha096 at tpg.com.au
Fri Oct 6 23:08:19 UTC 2006

Dear Paulo,

I have just configured a Network CUPS server dummy printer using the HP
8150 HPIjs printer driver and it works all o.k Nil errors.

Have you tried using the HP PCL driver instead of the Postscript driver
as a test. (Most HP Printers come with a PCL Driver as well) - Do you
get the same error response.

I do not understand why you were able to add the Postscript driver for
the 8150 using samba and yet you cannot find the driver under cups. They
are the same Print driver database
but the list of HP Models is not logically presented - have another
look.

Just as a tip, if you cannot see you CUPS print server - try entering
the IP address of the PC hosting the CUPS server.

Let me know how you go

Setting up remote printers is very hard it may be something procedurally
you are missing out a step

Scott