[kde-linux] How Save Konsole Shell Schema

John Andersen jsa at pen.homeip.net
Thu Oct 5 19:14:14 UTC 2006

On Thursday 05 October 2006 06:03, Del Hanson wrote:
>  John,
>
>  I'm fairly new to linux & kde.  Could you explain in detail how to
> implement your suggestion.

> Perhaps the OP could
> Change the konsole launch button command to be something like
>
> konsole --schema <his-schema-name>.schema

Ok, here you go....

Right click the Konsole icon on the task bar
 (or in the menu shown when you click the K menu button, if that is
  where you launch from).

Select Edit this item or Configure Konsole button (as the case may be...)

Select the Application tab from the window that results

In the command field, append  --schema <name> from the list of
schemas.

To find the actual name of the schema you want:

Launch Konsole, and in the konsole window type
  konsole --schemas
this will list the actual name of the the schema.

Click ok and try out your handywork.

Alternate sources of help: ---------------------------
(Subtitle: How a resourceful person helps themselves)

Launch Konsole
in konsole type  konsole --help

Launch konsole
  click Help button and select Konsole Handbook
   (not all distros install the kde help.  If your's doesn't -
    go install it manually, or find a different distro).

--
John Andersen