[kde-linux] Mounting with exec flag

Paulo J. Matos pocm at soton.ac.uk
Thu Nov 23 18:34:28 UTC 2006

On 11/23/06, John Andersen <jsa at pen.homeip.net> wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 November 2006 11:51, Paulo J. Matos wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have a WD external drive and when I mount it through KDE, it doesn't
> > get the exec flag so I can't run bash script (and probably other
> > stuff), how can I tell it to mount this drive with the exec, flag?
> >
> > Regards,
>
> Put it in fstab

But by putting it in fstab I have to specify a dev node like
/dev/sda1, how do I know this HD will always be connected to this
node? Can't it happen that I connect a pen, going to /dev/sda1, and
then the HD going to /dev/sda2, and then the pen will get the exec
status and the HD won't?

Regards,

Paulo Matos