[kde-linux] Desktop Icons

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Nov 3 09:11:22 UTC 2006

Thierry de Coulon wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 00:18, david wrote:
>> Mine supports SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) files, too. KDE 3.5.4 or
>> later, I think.
>
> Yeah, still running a 3.5.3 here :)

3.5.5 here. It fixed some issues I was having with 3.5.4, particularly
problems with the Hardware Abstraction Layer.

I only discovered that SVG worked as icons because I use a package
called IEs4Linux for testing web designs. It uses WINE to run IE 5, 5.5
and 6 - and it's icon is an SVG file. Looks really nice and clean, with
nice shading in it - and it's a vector file. No more needing different
sized bitmaps for the various sizes of icons that KDE might need for the
same link ...

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com