[kde-linux] Desktop Icons

Thierry de Coulon tcoulon at decoulon.ch
Thu Nov 2 22:51:56 UTC 2006

On Thursday 02 November 2006 21:09, W. D. Allen wrote:
> How do I create an icon on my KDE desktop for a program I can run from my
> Konqueror file manager? I am using open SUSE.
>
> Thanks,
>
> W. D. Allen
> ballensr at adelphia.net
>
> end

Icons on the KDE desktop are png or xpm files. Create your icon with any
graphic program and save it as a png file (to be exact you could produce
several icons in the sizes you'd need, 16x16, 32x32, 48x48).

If you then right click in any Konqueror window, you'll get the option to
create new -> link to application. You then get a window with several tabs.
On the first one you put the name for your application. If you click on the
ison on the left, you can choose the icon for your program. The next
important tab is "application", where you put the coomand to launch your
application. There are more advanced options but with this basic setup, a
click on your application link should work.

Thierry