[kde-linux] kde-linux Digest, Vol 38, Issue 24

waz wazungy2 at telus.net
Tue May 23 20:38:47 UTC 2006

Good day,

I would like to put forth an idea that I think might be useful for some users.
I would like to see a minimum double click speed added to the mouse control
preferances. It would be useful for those with tremors (handicap) or with
electronic switch bounce on their mouse.

My mouse is driving me nuts. It seems the contacts might be causing some
electronic bounce. Instead of signle clicking I often get a double click.
This is annoying when all I want to do is move a window, select but not open a
directory entry or such.
I am aware there is a mouse double click setting that may be adjusted in the
"configure your desktop". But if I am not mistaken, this setting is for the
maximum delay between 2 clicks. It cannot be used to put a minimum delay
between what is considered a double click, ignoring any multiple clicks that
occur within a few milliseconds (lets say between 1 and 200 msec).

Do you think this can be implemented?

Thanks for your attention in this trivial but pesky problem.

Waz