[kde-linux] KDE 3.5.1 or 2

Donn Washburn n5xwb at hal-pc.org
Sat May 20 19:02:43 UTC 2006

Hey Group;

I have a problem causing Zapping and one other program (not sure at this
time which one) that are known to work.  The problem is that when the
following:

1. startx (brings up the default KDE)
2. click on a desktop icon -  "zapping"
3. the finger goes away and the arrow shows up along with the spinning
hour glass looking loading indicator.  All of the action is on the
Toolbar.  Finally it dies. THis is the first sign of "strange".
If I drag this email message over any of the desktop icons - it erases
the icon and it never comes back.  Still no zapping!
4. Shutdown KDE as normal.
5. Bring KDE back up and zapping shows up in the upper left part of the
screen as if it was running previously.  It also seems not to remember
the previous size of the zapping screen.

None of this is true with FVMW2 so I feel that it is a KDE problem.
When zapping works it is great.

Someone with a good understanding of the KDE video process might see the
cause.  Exiting KDE offers no glue.

SuSE10.1 KDE 3.5.1 various zapping versions.  Current zapping-CVS-042106
--
73 de Donn Washburn
Ham Callsign N5XWB   Email: " n5xwb at hal-pc.org "