[kde-linux] Science-centric distro with KDE?

Hal MacArgle haltec at kvinet.com
Mon May 15 17:50:36 UTC 2006

On 05-15, Jeff Eklund wrote:
> (If this question doesn't belong here, scold me and pass me on)
>
> Hi!
> I am trying to introduce GNU/Linux and KDE into my school and I have started
> showing some of the science teachers some of the science applications that
> KDE offer, namely Kstars and Kalzium. They were mighty impressed but not
> really comfortable with the idea of not running Windows. I said I'd try to
> look for a live distro which they could test out and evaluate some of the
> applications.
> So, I'm now looking for a live distro with KDE, focused around science,
> meaning having alot of up-to-date science packages preinstalled. I want my
> teachers to be abe to just pop that CD into one of their computers and try
> the software out or possibly even use it in class.
>
> So, has anyone got any ideas for me? I wasn't able to find anything useful
> when searching the net.
> Thanks!
>
> Jeff

	FWIW. Linspire 5.0 uses KDE and is a simple install compared
to all the other GUI distros I've tried.. It may be worth looking
into.. Slackware 10.2 is exclusively KDE and may be a possibility but
is more nerdy than Linspire and less GUI's.. Just a thought..

--

    Hal - in Terra Alta, WV/US - Slackware GNU/Linux 10.1   (2.4.29)
.