[kde-linux] CUPS

Bogus Zaba bogzab at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed May 10 16:40:12 UTC 2006

Werner Joss wrote:

>Am Mittwoch, 10. Mai 2006 00:31 schrieb Dick Barmann:
>

>>I get "Unable to find a running CUPS Server" I don't want to reinstall CUPS
>>because o many other programs get involved.
>>

>did you try to start the cups-server ?
>should be something like:
>/etc/init.d/cupsys start
>or
>/etc/init.d/cupsd start
>depending on your distro.
>if that works, you will have to add this command to your
>default-startup-runlevel, so that it gets executed on every system startup.
>
>werner

If you are running a recent KDE you will also be able to restart your
CUPS server by selecting (from the KDE menu) : Utilities > Printing >
Printing Manager. This gives a dialog box with lots of menus and options
including selctring the print system to be CUPS, re-starting the print
server and stopping and starting individual servers. Using these options
usually cures my printing problems. I am running Suse 9.2 with KDE 3.4.2.

Bogus