[kde-linux] Problems compiling with Konstruct

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun May 7 05:13:49 UTC 2006

Antonio M. Sánchez Pérez wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm doubing if this is the adequate list, but I don't see a speciffic
> list for konstruct users...
> I'm trying to install kde 3.5.2 stable, but when make runs in the
> directory '/konstruct/kde/kdelibs/work/kdelibs-3.5.2' I receiv an error
> message in relation with libkdecore.lac.
> The log of this error is below. What can I do? Any suggestion?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> -------------------------------
>

> .libs/libkdecore_la.all_cpp.o(.text+0x30cc): In function
> `KApplication::init(bool)':
> : undefined reference to `IceSetIOErrorHandler'

Usually only the first error matters.  The few lines immediately ahead
of this might be some help, or they might not in this case.  My best
guess is that somehow "libkdecore_la.all_cpp.o" didn't link correctly.
ICE is part of X so the obvious first question is how you installed X
and if from binary packages, have you installed the proper development
packages to go with the run time ones?

--
JRT