[kde-linux] Konqueror problems

Teresa and Dale teendale at vista-express.com
Sat May 6 04:55:15 UTC 2006

Tomas Larsson wrote:

>Dear group.
>
>Several times now, I get a error message when doubleclicking a file in
>Konqueror
>
>Sorry - Konqueror
>KDEInit could not start "kedit".
>
>This when I try to open a normal txt-file or similar.
>Rebooting solves the problem.
>
>With best regards
>
>Tomas Larsson
>Sweden
>
>Verus Amicus Est Tamquam Alter Idem

I used to get that error pretty often.  I usually logout, reset the
xserver by doing a ctrl alt backspace, then login again.  That usually
fixes it.  There is some daemon that has stopped running is the reason
for that from what I was told.  I have been using KDE 3.5.2 for a while
and have not had that problem.  If you can upgrade, that may very well
fix your problem too.

There is a command you can type in to start the daemon thing again but
it has been a good while and I can not remember what it is.  You may can
search the Gentoo forums and see if you can find something there.  My
user name is dalek there and it may narrow it down to search for some of
the threads I have replied too.

You're not alone but it is fixed so keep your chin up.  ^-^

Dale
:-)