[kde-linux] corrupted configs

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Fri May 5 22:22:05 UTC 2006

Op zaterdag 06 mei 2006 00:16, schreef Jim Philips:

Hi,

> Several times lately, I have had to do hard reboots when X-Windows hung up.
> Now KDE is behaving strangely. When I open Kontact, my mail isn't retrieved
> because the server complains about a bad password. I open Kmail settings
> and reestablish the password in the configs and then all of my e-mail is
> retrieved. This may be a problem in KWallet. I don't know. I have similar
> problems retrieving articles from the news server. Plus, I have a PHP app
> that runs in Konqueror's sidebar. When I try to use it, I get: "Protocol
> not supported: Javascript". Sites where my passwords should be stored in a
> cookie won't let me in. Is this all a KWallet issue?

No, this looks like a KDE Daemon failure. Maybe the file
~/.kde/share/config/kdedrc is corrupt, you could try to reconfigure the
daemon in the Control Center (KDE Components, Service Manager).

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers
KDE Netherlands (www.kde.nl)

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)