[kde-linux] kde fails to start for user

Toney Samuel toney.samuel at gmail.com
Fri May 5 09:47:43 UTC 2006

i have got NLD installed on my system which is a nis client. i have got a
nis server running redhat 9 from my system i can login through root and
other nis user but it fails with a particular user who is using the system i
tried deleting .kde folder from his home directory but still it fails the
kde version is 3.21 on my system the .xsession-errors out is as such.

gpg-agent[3842]: Secure memory is not locked into core
gpg-agent[3842]: NOTE: this is a development version!
xset: bad font path element (#59), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax
xset: bad font path element (#59), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax
xset: bad font path element (#59), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax
xset: bad font path element (#59), possible causes are:
Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
Directory missing fonts.dir
Incorrect font server address or syntax
ksplash: WARNING: KGenericFactory: instance requested but no instance name
passed to the constructor!
kbuildsycoca running...
Reusing existing ksycoca
kdeinit: Fatal IO error: client killed
kdeinit: sending SIGHUP to children.
klauncher: Exiting on signal 1
kdeinit: sending SIGTERM to children.
kdeinit: Exit.
gpg-agent[3877]: SIGTERM received - shutting down ...
gpg-agent[3877]: gpg-agent (GnuPG) 1.9.10 stopped

can any body pls tell me why this problem is occuring and how to rectify it