[kde-linux] kwifimanager not working

Brian Carey BrianC at newmexicobusinesssolutions.com
Thu May 4 21:15:49 UTC 2006

Hi,

I tried asking this question on the main board, but I probably should
have posted here instead?

I run Slackware 10.2 with a 2.6.13 kernel and kde 3.5.2 (slack packages
from kde.org site).

My network card is set up fine and works with iwconfig/iwlist without
problem. I am running kwifimanager with kdesu.

The results of scanning for networks shows the currently connected
network and the first cell reported in the most recent iwlist xxx
scanning command. The switch networks button is greyed out.

I have also had no luck trying to get on my encrypted network with the
kwifi config tool. It doesn't seem to set the encryption key properly.

Again, all these things work fine from command line.

Any ideas of what to try?

Thank you in advance,
Brian