[kde-linux] Kde Media Manager

Teresa and Dale teendale at vista-express.com
Tue Mar 28 08:02:33 UTC 2006

Paulo J. Matos wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I have gentoo linux KDE3.5, and lately when I insert an audio CD
>nothing happens. When I go to media:/ it says "The KDE media manager
>is not running" but it is not saying how I can start it either. How
>can I see what's happening? Is there any kde log I can check for
>errors? Probably this is due an update or something...
>
>Cheers,
>--
>Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at sat inesc-id pt
>Web: http://sat.inesc-id.pt/~pocm
>Computer and Software Engineering
>INESC-ID - SAT Group

Do you have pmount installed?  I think KDE uses that.  I also have
ivman, dbus and hal installed on mine and it works OK.  Your mileage may
vary.

I think the service thing is under the little wrench thing, or settings
under the "K", then KDE Components then service manager.  Thing is, mine
is not working right now.  I get a error message and it is all grayed
out.  Makes me go hmmmmmm.

Dale
:-)