[kde-linux] How to change the resolution of a single virtual window?

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Mon Mar 27 17:09:06 UTC 2006

On 06/03/26 04:11 Larry Alkoff apparently typed:

> When you say tty7, tty8 and tty9 are you speaking of what you get with
> alt-F8 under X or consoles?

Ctrl-Alt-Fn if you're already in an X session. Normally to start on
tty8+ you goto your KDE menu starter and select start new session. Not
every distro configures KDE by default to have this menu option.

> Can you give me an example of xorg.conf for an other than normal session?

The only difference is the Modes in Section "Screen". If you want to
have 800x600 to start with, 800x600 must be the first entry for your
default color depth.
--
"Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according
to the law of the Lord."	        	Psalm 119:11 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409