[kde-linux] Instalation Help

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Sun Mar 26 19:59:24 UTC 2006

Am Sonntag, 26. März 2006 21:41 schrieb Brad Cunningham:
> Hello list.
>
> I recently discovered the Knoppix CD.  I can run it ok from the CD but
> is there a way to perminently install it on my hard drive? During the
> boot process there are several options but I can not fine one for
> doing a perminent installtion. Anyone have any ideas? I would like to
> had just Knoppix only as an OS on this PC.

from http://knoppix.wikiverse.org/ :

Knoppix can also be installed on the hard disk using an installation script.
However, since this goes beyond Knoppix's original purpose, the hard disk
installation is recommended only for advanced users. The installation script
has been improved and is now delivered on the Knoppix distribution CD as
shell command executable "knoppix-installer". Use caution since this may
affect other disk partitions and requires enough advanced knowledge to create
partition space for Linux and Linux-swap partitions.

werner