[kde-linux] Azureus magnet links?

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Mar 23 12:32:18 UTC 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 04:02, Timothee Groleau wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> How do I set up Azureus magnet links in Konqueror?
>
> The links are in the form:
> magnet:?xt=urn:btih:YQLHN75FM2KGPPD25TPXRYPI6O436X6T

You need to create a magnet.protocol file for and either a script which passes
the URL to Azureus or call Azureus directly if it supports that.

The easiest way is to copy and adjust the telnet.protocol file in
KDEPREFIX/share/services

(where KDEPREFIX is the directory KDE is installed in)

You can put the new file in any directory listed by the following command

kde-config --path services

Cheers,
Kevin

--