[kde-linux] Changing Icons

Tom Strickland tlinux at comcast.net
Mon Mar 20 15:34:11 UTC 2006

I've just linked Kmail to my desktop and changed the icon to replace the blue
gear. The icon looks like an envelope leaning against three gold bricks. This
is fine, but I noticed that this change also changed to icons of every
executable file in /usr/bin to this Kmail icon. I changed the desktop icon by
right-clicking on it, then going to Properties->Edit File Type application. I
then left-clicked on the icon and that opened the Select Icon window where I
selected the Kmail icon.

What do I need to do to change only the icon on the Desktop without changing
all the executable icons in /usr/bin?

Thank you!