[kde-linux] Charsets and k3b - desperate!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 11:55:21 UTC 2006

I'm having problems with character sets and k3b.  Yesterday I needed to burn a
backup disk of some files which contained accented characters, and k3b
complained.  I used convmv to convert the files from ISO8859-15 to utf8, and
the backup completed.

This morning I wanted to write a further disk of the same files, but I can't
get past being told that it finds an incorrectly encoded filename.

I've tried setting kde to use utf8, and also tried setting it to use
ISO8859-15.  I can't understand why I could burn the disk last night, but not
this morning.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get around
this?