[kde-linux] Charsets and k3b - desperate!

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Mar 15 11:55:21 UTC 2006

I'm having problems with character sets and k3b.  Yesterday I needed to burn a 
backup disk of some files which contained accented characters, and k3b 
complained.  I used convmv to convert the files from ISO8859-15 to utf8, and 
the backup completed.

This morning I wanted to write a further disk of the same files, but I can't 
get past being told that it finds an incorrectly encoded filename.

I've tried setting kde to use utf8, and also tried setting it to use 
ISO8859-15.  I can't understand why I could burn the disk last night, but not 
this morning.  Can someone please tell me what I need to do to get around 

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 191 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-linux/attachments/20060315/78e64024/attachment.sig>

More information about the kde-linux mailing list