[kde-linux] Setting KDE Options thru Command line

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Thu Mar 9 12:42:46 UTC 2006

On Thursday 09 March 2006 13:35, Chakkaradeep C C wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> How to set screen resolution using Comman Line.I want to make the screen
> resolution to 800*600 when KDE starts and put it default.

Resolution is an Xserver configuration item, so you set it in the X server
config file.

> I also like to know how to set wallpapers,icons,themes,colour scheme thru
> command line interface.
>
> I dont want to use KControl as it sets only for a particular user.

Settings that are stored in KDE's configuration files can also be set in the
global KDE directory (or directories), if there is no global default config
file for a particular application, you can create it by copying a user's one
and removing everything you don't need.

See also the Sysadmin documentation http://www.kde.org/areas/sysadmin/

Cheers,
Kevin