[kde-linux] Device permissions

Werner Joss werner at hoernerfranzracing.de
Wed Mar 8 19:04:13 UTC 2006

Am Mittwoch, 8. März 2006 19:42 schrieb cwh:
> > see http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html
>
> Thank you. SuSe 10 does use udev and I referenced the article and having
> spent the past days reading and re-reading it I think that I understand it.
> However despite several attempts to right a rule to set the Mode, so far my
> system appears to take no notice.  Obviously I am not doing something
> right.

well, normally it _should_ work if you follow the instructions in the
mentioned howto.
see also the utility programs like udevinfo, useful for debugging.
but maybe there is also an interference with yast, which I know from the past,
often disturbs 'hand crafted' configurations.
maybe you should also ask on a suse list/newsgroup.

werner