[kde-linux] Configure Panel empty!

Mark Ness mark at noneinc.us
Sat Mar 4 04:06:43 UTC 2006

Bob Tennent wrote:

>kcontrol -> Desktop -> Panels takes me to a virtually empty window.
>Other users on the same system have no problem. Right-clicking on the
>panel produces a window with just one tab (Taskbar). This seems to have
>happened after upgrading to 3.5.1 on a Fedora 4 system using RPMS from
>
>http://apt.kde-redhat.org/apt/kde-redhat/all/stable/

I had the same (or similar) problem but only after later doing a couple
seperate
updates. (PyQt-devel.i386 3.15.1-0.1 and redhat-menus.noarch 3.8-0.1.3).
The only thing in my panel config was the taskbar, and  some major menus
disappeared from the Kmenu  (like system settings and control center)

The fix for me was to ...
undo customized menus: rename ~/.config
run
$ kbuildsycoca