[kde-linux] Konq throbber icon missing

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jun 26 05:12:13 UTC 2006

Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
> On Saturday 24 June 2006 20:11, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> Jerome Yuzyk wrote:
>>> I recently had a disk crash and had to reinstall FC4 and along the way
>>> updated to 3.5.3 and now the "throbber" in my Konq windows just shows
>>> the generic question mark over a piece of paper. How do I fix it? I am
>>> using the KDE-Classic icon theme.
>> Are you missing these files:
>>
>> 	/usr/share/icons/kdeclassic/22x22/actions/kde.png
>> 	/usr/share/icons/kdeclassic/32x32/actions/kde.png
>> ?
>>
>> You can get them here:
>>
>> http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/KDE/3.5/kdeartwork/IconThemes/
>> kdeclassic/22x22/actions/kde.png?rev=545117
>> http://websvn.kde.org/*checkout*/branches/KDE/3.5/kdeartwork/IconThemes/
>> kdeclassic/32x32/actions/kde.png?rev=545117
>>
>> DA deleted the function that generates them and FC may have made the
>> package before somebody noticed that they were missing and I added them.
>
> Thanks. I don't have the files but I used the prior replier's solution to
> inherit them from the hicolor set. That worked.

You might want to check to see if this bug has been reported to Fedora.

> Now I am still missing (I think) the Google icon that goes in the search
> combo - there's a generic one there too and I'm sure it used to be a 'G'
> or something.

Yes, I had that problem too.  It is here:

$KDEDIR/share/apps/konqueror/icons/crystalsvg/16x16/actions/google.png

Copy it to:

$KDEDIR/share/icons/hicolor/16x16/actions/google.png

and all should be well.

Still leaves me wondering why it was installed as CrystalSVG when it is
obviously a generic (un-styled) icon and should be installed as HiColor.

--
JRT