[kde-linux] Problem with media:/

Teresa and Dale teendale at vista-express.com
Sun Jun 25 14:46:38 UTC 2006

Jacek Jablonski wrote:

>Unsupported protocol device:/     :`/
>In fedora core 5 there are mny errors with kde. Also if I insert
>pendrive or cd, it informs me about that and I try to access it. But
>later: "Permissions denied". This is the most annoying.

I think KDE 3.5 fixes that.  I used to have that problem too.  I think
it is a problem between the automounters and KDE not speaking well.  I
noticed that when I upgraded to KDE 3.5 that ivman, hal and dbus had to
be upgraded as well and are not compatible with older versions.

You may also want to check the config files for permissions issues.  I
suspect that is one thing.  Also check that there is nothing in fstab
about the cdrom.  If it is, try to comment it out and the restart
whatever automounter you are using.

Keep in mind that I use Gentoo and have not used Redhat before, did use
Mandrake for a while though.  Your mileage may vary.

Dale
:-)  :-)