[kde-linux] desktop icons x y coordinates #2

ed anderson dander at bestweb.net
Fri Jun 23 10:30:26 UTC 2006

On Jun 22, 2006, at 3:54 PM, ed anderson wrote:

> On Jun 22, 2006, at 2:12 PM, Teresa and Dale wrote:
>

>> ed anderson wrote:
>>

>>> jun 21, 2006
>>> where can i locate the file that controls and/or saves the x y
>>> coordinates of of desktop icons.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> ed anderson
>>>
>>> dander at bestweb.net
>>>

>> This type of info?
>>

>>> [Desktop Entry]
>>> BgImage=
>>> Encoding=UTF-8
>>> Icon=desktop
>>> Type=Directory
>>>
>>> [IconPosition::Documents]
>>> X=5
>>> Y=5
>>> <<<<<<<<<<snip snip snip snip snip>>>>>>
>>>
>>> [IconPosition::kde-console-history]
>>> X=5
>>> Y=257
>>>
>>> [URL properties]
>>> ShowDotFiles=true
>>> ViewMode=konq_iconview
>>>

>> That was in the ,directory file here:
>>

>>> /home/dale/Desktop/.directory
>>>

>> Is that what you are looking for?
>>
>> dale
>> :-)  :-)

Yes, this is what I'm looking for but can't find.

Thank you very much for your reply.  I've included the following
and if your have any more comments or hints, please post them.

Again thanks.

My OS is fedora core 3 with the kde desktop, as administrator.

The following is what I have*:
[root at localhost ~]# locate /.directory
/etc/skel/.kde/Autostart/.directory
/root/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/remote/
ftp/.directory
/root/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/remote/
web/.directory
/root/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/remote/.directory
/root/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/services/.directory
/root/.kde/Autostart/.directory
/root/Desktop/Trash/.directory
/root/Desktop/.directory
/home/mysql/.kde/Autostart/.directory
/usr/.directory
[root at localhost ~]#

I"ll try to reconstruct the "/home/???/Desktop/.directory".

Ed Anderson
dander at bestweb.net

* NOTE: I have removed all the "./directory"s for foreign languages,
folder links and applications from the "locate" command listing.