[kde-linux] kmail problem - can't send mail

Bruce Bales bbales at cox.net
Wed Jun 21 20:54:13 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 13:28 -0700, Mark Ness wrote:
> Bruce Bales wrote:
> > I recently upgraded to fedora core 5 and yum-installed kmail.  I was
> > able to configure kmail so I can receive messages, but when I send
an
> > email it goes into the outbox and stays there.
> >
> > When I try to send a message I get a notice that "this message will
not
> > be signed" which I don't understand and another that "this message
will
> > not be encrypted" and a notice that "Sending only partially
encrypted
> > messages might violate site policy and/or leak sensitive
information."

> > I've been through the kmail setup multiple times and spent some time
> > going through the /home/bruce/.kde/share/config/kmailrc file (most
of
> > which I don't understand) and don't find anything significant.
> >
> > I need some help so I don't have to rely on evolution to send my
emails.
> > bruce

> Just a shot in the dark here, but if you are using selinux, setenforce
0
> and see if
> it will work. The reason I say it's a shot in the dark is because
> selinux seems to be
> designed to protect us from ourselves, something many of us don't
need
> (probably
> a good idea for me though;) ). If it is the problem, I have no idea
how
> to tweak it
> for kmail.
> Are you able to send mail from other MTUs? Thunderbird, mutt etc?

I can send from evolution - don't know about mutt or thunderbird as they
may not be installed ???  /etc/selinux/config indicates selinux is
disabled.

# This file controls the state of SELinux on the system.
# SELINUX= can take one of these three values:
#       enforcing - SELinux security policy is enforced.
#       permissive - SELinux prints warnings instead of enforcing.
#       disabled - SELinux is fully disabled.
SELINUX=disabled
# SELINUXTYPE= type of policy in use. Possible values are:
#       targeted - Only targeted network daemons are protected.
#       strict - Full SELinux protection.
SELINUXTYPE=targeted

# SETLOCALDEFS= Check local definition changes
SETLOCALDEFS=0