[kde-linux] krandrtray crashes xserver

Bernt Christandl beb at MPA-Garching.MPG.DE
Tue Jun 20 10:02:04 UTC 2006

Hello,

i'm trying to install suse-10.1/kde-3.5.1 onto a new Dell X1 Laptop
with native resolution 1280x768.

To be able to use the beamer output with "stable" fonts and lines and
also videos, i had to install the vesa driver for xorg-6.9 instead of the
i810 driver which can not handle the external vga like my boss needs it...

The beamer now works fine, but only if i use the resolution 1024x768.
So i would like to change the resolutions with krandrtray, but at any
time i try that, my xserver crashes and i can login again...

Any ideas, what may go wrong or i can do better?

with regards,

Bernt Christandl