[kde-linux] Icons preview

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Fri Jun 16 13:31:51 UTC 2006

On Friday 16 June 2006 15:22, VytautasP wrote:
> How does KDE make files' previews, for instance jpg preview? I've chosen

It uses thumbnail creation plugins, which can either take an image embedded in
the file's metadata or really read the file and display its contents. It
depends on the file.

> to show preview for image files, but i see different view in preview and
> when i actually open it with any image viewer. And is there a way to
> save preview's variant of picture?

I think preview images are saved into the $HOME/.thumbnails/ directory

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at>