[kde-linux] Installing KDE via Konstructor

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 07:23:40 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 10:03 am, SineTheta84 at aol.com wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm quite new to Linux and don't really know what I'm doing. I have been
> using the Gnome desktop environment, but having been exposed to KDE at
> school and finding it much nicer, I decided to switch. I downloaded and ran
> Konstructor, but now I don't know how to open a session with KDE. It
> doesn't show up in the "sessions" list when logging in. Any help will be
> much appreciated.
I haven't used konstructor, but it's probably not a very good idea for a new
user. Your distribution most likely provides packages for KDE; using these
would be much easier (if perhaps not quite so up-to-date). What distribution
are you using?

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/