[kde-linux] How to adjust the resolution of KDE via ssh?

Andrew Walbran qwandor at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 21:35:24 UTC 2006

On Friday 09 June 2006 9:22 am, Larry Alkoff wrote:
> KDE at 1280x1024 is my regular window environment but sometimes I have
> to use tightVNC to work at a remote laptop which has a maximum
> resolution of 1024x768.
>
> Is there a way to ssh from the laptop into my regular computer and lower
> the screen resolution of KDE to 1024x768?
>
> This will allow me to use vnc to work on the laptop without scroll bars
> and other complications.
If you're trying to connect to an existing session, then XRandR is probably
the best solution (either using krandrtray or xrandr from the command-line).
I'm not sure how well this works for a VNC connection.

Another option is to run a separate VNC session at your desired resolution,
either using vncserver as required or using (x)inetd to start VNC.

--
Andrew Walbran
website: http://user.interface.org.nz/~andrew/