[kde-linux] start KDE on Mandriva Linux

Dale teendale at vista-express.com
Mon Jul 31 20:13:35 UTC 2006

Amaral, Meisi (Cont, ARL/SLAD) wrote:

> Hi, all:
>
> I am new in Linux environment. I recently installed Mandriva Linux
> 2006, when I reboot, KDE didn’t come up automatically. Question, do I
> need to download/install KDE separately or does it come with Mandriva
> 2006? How do I setup so it start KDE automatically once login? Thanks,
>
> **Meisi**

Since you are new, the big question may be 'did you install KDE at all?'
You may not have told the installer to install KDE so you may have to
install it. I have a Mandrake install howto on Linux Questions that you
may can use. My user name is dalek there. When it asks what you want to
install, you need to tell it to install KDE.

Keep in mind that a lot of people install Linux as servers and have
nothing but command line unlike windoze where about everything is GUI.

Let us know how you did the install and maybe me or someone can help you
get KDE installed.

Dale

:-) :-)