[kde-linux] Getting Kmailservice working in Opera

David Baron d_baron at 012.net.il
Sun Jul 23 14:38:06 UTC 2006

>> > (Until the konqueror crashes are solved) I want to use opera be able to
>> > send mail to sites using <mailto>. Opera has its own system but one can
>> > set it to use another. I set it to use ~kdedir/bin/kmailservice. The
>> > "composer" dialog comes up fine but the address and subject are not
>> > filled.
>> >
>> > I assume I need command line arguments. What are they?
>>
>> The standard would be to add %U to the end.
>>
>>         $KDEDIR/bin/kmailservice %U
>>
>> Or perhaps as someone else said:
>>
>>         $KDEDIR/bin/kmail %U
>>
>> {If you don't have the KDEDIR environment variable set, then substitute
>> you KDE install prefix for it.}
>>
>>don't know if that will work with Opera.

> get the dialog with %U in the To field. Opera does not send (CGI-style?)
>arguments, I guess.

It does.

1. using "kmailsevice" will not work.
2. kmail with no argument or %t will get toe mailto address in the To field.
3. %t %s will place the subject in some form in .... the next To field
4. %U will itself appear in the To field.
5. Any other text after  the %t or %s will simply be appended.

So .. almost there. What next?