[kde-linux] KDE 3.5 Sound

VANESSE Daniel dvanesse at namsa.nato.int
Fri Jul 21 08:40:17 UTC 2006

If you still do not get any sound from KDE when setting the audio device
to "autodetect" or "ALSA", try with OSS (Open Sound System) and
configure the related application accordingly. Also set the auto suspend
to 60 seconds or more  and check the option "run with hightest possible
priority".

That is the way I could make KDE work on a laptop IBM T43P

Have fun ...

Daniel Vanesse
Air Defence Programme
NAMSA