[kde-linux] desktop icon grid

Peter Wiersig peter at friesenpeter.de
Tue Jul 11 22:50:56 UTC 2006

On Tue, Jul 11, 2006 at 10:52:33AM -0600, Jerome Yuzyk wrote:

> Even though I have "Align to Grid" set for my Desktop, icons don't seem to
> snap to any grid when I place them manually like they did for KDE 3.5.2.
> Is there a "grid" setting I am missing?

The grid is build from te icons you place. I had the best results
when first chosing a vertical alignment so that each icon is under
the other and afterwards switching to "Align to grid".

Nowadays I don't use icons on my desktop. It's covered by windows
all the time anyways. Last time I actually used that previously
mentioned steps was on 3.3.x IIRC.

Peter