[kde-linux] Konqueror and the Flash player

Rick Friedman rickfriedman at verizon.net
Sun Jul 9 02:37:14 UTC 2006

David Baron wrote:
> It will download it and one can run the installer. Restart Konqueror and it
> still will not play. Any site needing it will still claim it still needs it.
> I remember when this used to work.
>
> Any ideas?

It could be (and probably is) that the sites that say it still needs
flashplayer are running flash 8. Unfortunately, a player for Flash 8 is
not available yet for Linux... at least I'm not aware of any.

Many sites I go to that have flash won't play for that very reason.

Rick

--
Rick's Law - What cannot be imagined will be accomplished by a fool.