[kde-linux] Kcontrol, Kinfocenter no module listing
kdelinux at linuxide.org
Sat Jul 8 10:49:40 UTC 2006
After installing and using Kiosk, I no longer have any modules listed in
kcontrol, kinfocenter and kcontroledit. ( left panel). But all modules
are now listed as menu items in "Lost & Found" in the main menu.
I tested a few users and all users on this system have lost the
module listings. I verified the obvious ( c below) but might have
easily missed something as this was the first time I took a closer look
at this. Any help or pointers are highly appreciated.
- The environment variables $XDG_CONFIG_xxxx / DATA are all empty. ( I
am running FC5), So I assume the the directories below are the
-The desktop files for the modules are all correctly located in :
- I can run a kinfocenter module with kcmshell without problems :
- The kiosk configuration files are located in
- The active profile is "default" and the correct groups are assigned to
the default profile
- Executing "kcmshell -list" returns no modules at all.
- All the modules for kcontrol and kinfocenter (so) are correctly
located in their default directory
- adding new modules to kcontrol with kcontroledit does not work. I can
save the new module list, but when I open kcontrol or kcontroledit again
none of the modules I added are listed.
I am stuck on this, and I am sure I missed something. The fact the the
modules are now listed in the main menu under lost & found, appears to
indicate that the menus got corrupted. But the kconfig (kcontrol)
module specification does not list any other configuration files or menu
entries etc.. other then the once I verified.
More information about the kde-linux