[kde-linux] How do I tell Konqueror to startup in / ?

Rod Butcher rbutcher at hyenainternet.com
Tue Jan 31 13:53:57 UTC 2006

Dale wrote:
> Rod Butcher wrote:
>

>>I have compiled KDE 3.5 from source on a Mandrake 10.2 box. I find that
>>Konqueror always starts up by loading  the same web page, an old page..
>>even though I have the home page set to / as I use Konqueror as a file
>>browser not a web browser.
>>I can't find any setting that makes Konqueror default to / on startup.
>>If I try to startup with
>>konqueror --profile filebrowser
>>it partly loads but never outputs any screen.
>>Any suggestions ?
>>thanks
>>Rod
>>

> I think if you get it set like you want it then save the profile it will
> open that way the next time, Settings > Save View Profile File
> Management.  That is how mine works any way.
>
> Do you have this as a button on the task bar, in the KDE menu or on the
> desktop?  Basicaly where is the thing you click on to open Konqueror
> up?
I had it setup with settings -> load view profile -> Simple Browser...
but it always loaded as a web browser. I found that the way konqueror
starts up is controlled by the menu entry in /usr/share/applications/kde
and the default installation provides a web browswer and "super user"
launch, nether of which is what I wanted. I just modified
konqbrowser.desktop to open with simplebrowser option instead of
webbrowsing :-  Exec=kfmclient openProfile simplebrowser
I would find it more intuitive if I could set this withing konqueror and
not mess with menu items.
cheers
Rod